A screenwriter, published author and a storyteller.
Nimish is a self-taught screenwriter and playwright who aspires to tell meaningful stories that engages, impacts and inspires. His first feature length script – ‘Meiktila’ was shortlisted as a finalist in India’s national screenwriting contest Cinestaan 2020 and his debut mobile short film titled ‘Room 306’ has been acclaimed in various film festivals and acquired by Pocket Films for digital distribution.
Nimish has been invited at various colleges & institutions viz. IBS Mumbai, ITM Business School, K.J. Somaiya college of Engineering, Vidyalankar Institute of Technology, Ruia College of science, Fazlani Altius Business School etc. to interact with students and share his insights and experiences on motivation, leadership, presentation, communication and creative writing.
With active interests in, camping, hiking, movies, and herpetology; Nimish is currently learning & practicing the art of screenwriting.
He is also an award-winning author of two fiction novels and has been conferred by the ‘Sahityakosh Samman’ and ‘Author of the year’ awards at literary festival. His latest short film project ‘Whatever It Takes’ has been selected at the ‘Short Cuts Development Lab 2021’ by the Pan-Asian-Screen-Collective group (PASC) in New Zealand which is led by renowned screenwriter and teacher, Dr. Shuchi Kothari. He is happily married and settled in Auckland where he lives with his beautiful wife.
Nimish is happily married and Settled in Auckland, New Zealand.
THROUGH THE YEARS
Born in Panaji,Goa to Bipin and Nita Tanna
- Completed my engineering degree in I.T from K.J. Somaiya College of Engineering
- Got my first ever article published in college magazine
- Made some more friends for life
Moments Of Truth
- Leadstart published my first book 'Moments of Truth'
- I met my future wife, Farnaz Bharwani
1991 - 2001
- Smt. K. C. Gandhi high school, Kalyan
- Made a few friends for life
- Completed my post graduation in International business management
- Took my first international trip
- Got inspired to write more
- Moved to New Zealand, struggle to start life all over again began.
- Got married to Farnaz Bharwani
- Completed HSC in Science
- Wrote amateur poetry, got bored soon
- A seed for writing was unconsciously planted
- Joined Vodafone Essar India as a management trainee. Got bored soon
- Co-founded 'Campus Podium' and failed
- Joined Headrush Ventures to lead their outbound experiences and adventure equipment divisions. Best days of my working life
Second title, 'Divyastra'
Divyastra released on 13th Feb